Monday, November 5, 2007

My Second Annotation for my bibliography...yay!!!

Law, Kathy and Stohl, Andreas. "Arctic Air Pollution: Origins and Impacts." Science 16 March 2007: 1537-1540.

Law and Stohl discuss the causes for warming trends in the Arctic in their article, to be caused by more than the long-lived emission of greenhouse gases. Through their study they found that air pollutants such as aerosols ad ozone are also huge factors in causing the rapid temperature changes in the Arctic that are causing the ice to melt at a dramatically high rate. This study is important to the general study of global warming to prove that there are many human caused actions that are having huge affects on the worldwide temperature changes. This study is valuable for my research because it allows me to have insight into what human activity is directly melting the ice in the Arctic. Therefore, when I propose how to stop the Arctic haze that is melting the ice, I have background information on what needs to change.

No comments: